Thursday, November 02, 2006

He's down in Mexico...

Recent unrest in Mexico does not surprise me. You know who happens to be there. Old poster 500 that's who. I can't reveal his real identify due to the delicacy of his mission. It involves banjos, hot sauce, a reverse Alamo and deeds that are best discussed in other places on the internet than here.

He's not by himself. He has his backup with him and that's good. A voice of reason in his darkness you might say. Keeping his back covered on noisy buses and late arriving trains that stop unexpectedly in distant deserts while the passengers squat in shifting sands awaiting resumption. During these waits he palavers and mumbles in old broken Spanish while the Indians clutch holy relics till they all continue on together down parallel tracks to destinations near and far.

He will be back. He will read all this. He will feel tingles that only come from having his cover blown. He will have stories he tells and stories he does not tell. Then he will go down again and do it all over. Those dreamers just think they have the border sealed. Yesterday was his birthday, he is riding a high horse right now with Day of the Dead trinkets hanging everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger