Tuesday, November 14, 2006

New CD release...

That's right, yours truly plays the hits of the Lufkin High School Band. You can see me in the picture, at the end of the tuba line playing my 1936 King upright tuba on the far right. Covered are the school song, fight song, National Anthem and a couple of pop tunes. Players consist of current some currant band members and alumni who still remember which end of the horn to blow in and have enough wind to do it. Proceeds go to the band for funding a trip this spring. No, the trip does not include me.

For some reason ever since this recording there is one of the young tuba players who ever time he sees me says, "there is that hippie tuba player." Now do I look anything like a hippie? One day me and my wife were walking together and we encountered the gentleman who made the above picture. He said, "you were great the other night playing the tuba." I asked my wife, "don't you wonder what all went on up there?" She did not want to hear about it.

This cd is equipped with anti pirate software. That means Captain Jack Sparrow will not be able to listen to it.

I know you ask, well that's a lot of people in that group, how will I be able to tell which tuba is you when I listen? Simple. There is an old technique I perfected long ago for situations like this. I tune a whole step lower than the rest of the band. You can hear me just fine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger