Thursday, December 14, 2006

Big success on test...

I made an A on the written part of the Management of Neuro final. It was a big 200 point monster. Best grade I have made all semester in that class. Still have the lab, worth 100 points today at 2pm, but if you do the math I can make 60 on that and you combine that with the written grade that's a B.

That's some comfort there because the lab is pretty high pressure. You draw a scenario and the teacher acts out that patient. She is a good actor. Could be TBI, stroke, spina bifida, spinal cord, MS or most dreaded of all a pediatric scenario. You have 30 minutes of isolation in the little kitchen area to ponder your scrawny, 30 minutes to do four activities addressing the patients problems and then you must stay and be the tech for the next person.

Took a hard neuro anatomy test yesterday, but I heard there were some folks that really need a passing grade to stay in the program in that class that pulled it out so I should be OK there.

The rehab test yesterday was kind of goofy. Sample question:

Patient, diabetic, heart attack with bypass surgery and long time smoker. How best to improve breathing?
A. show patient his bill, he is self pay.
B. Send Christmas shopping with wife.
C. Have him call boss about when to come to work.
D. Have blow up Christmas balloons.

What would you choose?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A. all the way!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

D. of course!

Cute options, though!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger