Thursday, January 11, 2007

Shoulder surgery and other strange events...

Morgan has shoulder surgery tomorrow at 1pm. It's a repair of the glenoid labrum, a ring of cartilage that deepens the shoulder socket. Its scuffed up from the bone and needs to be attached back down. It's arthroscopic so it should go well. He will be is a sling for maybe 4 weeks. He has already dropped the weight lifting class he signed up for this semester, no way that will happen.

It was an uproar in Kilgore today. Let's see if I can do the tale justice.

Started normal enough, both instructors there giving out all the info for our clinicals, lot of papers to be kept so there is a record of what you did. Dr. Bice's email was given out as the person to contact, she is running the clinical part of the show. She is new, just started last semester. Well the instructors go to a meeting or something, we sit through a presentation on resume writing. Later when I got to the car my boss had called, I returned the call and we talked about my work schedule upon graduation. Big need here for a resume.

As the resume session finished up we all are headed our ways, we will not see each other again till after spring break, and Dr. Bice shows up in tears. She says this is my last day. This is something of a shock. Seems a student in the freshman class has written some type of scathing email attacking her personally, accusing her of messing up his (it's a guy, kind of narrows the suspects) holiday because of an assignment that was made. What ever has been written is so bad she does not feel like she can be unbiased to this student and therefore must leave.

Personally I think there is room for dismissal of the student due to a policy of civility in the classroom outlined in the student handbook for this program. I guess it could get messy because people sue when there is this kind of time and expense involved in these type of programs. I have heard of it happening.

So I hope this student has considered the stress of having just one instructor. My class went through it last spring. It is doable because one class is all in clinic and what little classroom time they have involves some guest speakers. The only draw back is that there is lots of night screaming involved.

On the upside of things I got nominated for some type of state wide award by my classmates. I was very honored. It is one candidate from each school in Texas and I have to submit some type of written thing, answers to questions or something, more later on this. I do know it is a monetary award, goes to the license exam cost.

Maybe a post late tomorrow on the surgery.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please do post on the surgery

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger