Tuesday, January 30, 2007

You do what you can...

Here is a picture of Mary and Aaron. We visited with his parents yesterday. They are doing as well as you can expect in this situation. The support and love they are receiving from family and friends is tremendous.

I guess Aaron and Mary had been going out a teenagers say for a couple of months now. May be in that time I had spent 8 or 10 hours around Aaron. A couple of Sundays ago he went to church with us and afterwards, our group had played and we talked music and guitars. Aaron was a tuba and guitar player. We had played in the tuba section together last fall when the Lufkin High School Band recording was made. I told him next time he was out to bring his guitar.

I am glad I took that opportunity to invite him to share our common interest. Many times it is easy to let people you meet slide by never taking the time to get to know them. I have no regrets in our friendship because I offered him a place doing the thing, music, that me and my family love to do. God had other plans for Aaron. I am glad I was able to the say the right things to one who was closer to Heaven than any of us knew. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger