Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Haven't Seen This Guy in A While...

Back in the early 1970s I spent afternoons at my friend Joe's house. We hunkered down in his back bed room and listened to records on one of those primitive turntable things. It was not a stereo, but it was just fine for those old Grand Funk Railroad, Neil Diamond, ( he really did rock in those days) and Guess Who records. All that stuff was fine because some years later when my friend graduated from medical school we listened to all those records on the same turntable again at his graduation party. It was good stuff and Joe did not feel it could be topped buy buying records by some here today gone tomorrow bands.

Anyway while we were hunkered down back there with the door shut there was one little guy, Joe"s brother Matt that we paid no attention to. In fact even though Joe pops up in my life now and then as the sands of time slip away from me, I don't think I have seen his little brother since he was 3 or 4. Until this past weekend at the Renaissance Festival.

That's little Mat right there standing on that short guys shoulders. Guy must be 6'6" and his partner,Louis, they make up a juggling and comedy act called the Other Brothers must be 5'6". This was their 16th year to perform at the festival.









It was some pretty funny stuff. Good crowd participation that made for some awkward moments.












Lots of fire involved.





Lots of big guy on the little guy.


More fire. I don't know if Matt would remember me or not. Joe says I should have talked to him, but I just tossed a tip in the tip jar and went on my way with some really great pictures.
Big Family Alert:
Cathy's sister Margaret enters the hospital tonight with the delivery of her first born scheduled tomorrow. Her and husband Kevin are excited. Cathy, Pop and Geneva are all there. Hopefully there will be news and pictures tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger