Saturday, February 02, 2008

Mardi Gras Weekend...

It's Mardi Gras weekend in New Orleans. It's a work weekend for us, but sitting around spinning some Professor Longhair, Nathan and the Zydeco Cha-Chas and so on I decided to put up some pictures from Mardi Gras past. All in New Orleans, my guess is that most of these date from 1988 although a couple might be a little younger.

What ever year, they were scanned in from real photos developed at the drugstore where you hand your film over to a total stranger and he develops it. Not like today at all where you post your pictures on your blog and thousands view them. Also the cameras we had back in these days were something. They were as big as a 1977 Pontiac and colored monkey poop brown. A lot of trouble to carry around, and you had to focu yourself.

Me and Cathy. I think we were on our second date.














Banner from a parade, local Social and Pleasure Club, I think these groups were pretty scattered by the hurricane evac.















Me making friends at the streetcar stop.
Could not tell you who these guys were, I think they were friends of Nancy.





I really love the bead throwing floats. Great way to blow off steam, pushing down little kids to grab a string of cheap plastic beads.
Me and the friends again. That was a hat store behind us selling that famous topless and bottomless New Orleans hat. Makes it quicker to get dressed, you just put it on how ever you pick it up. They were sold out though and closed that day.
More floats. I don't think I have peaked yet on my Mardi Gras float photos. Got to get back and try again with the better camera I have now.



Posted by Picasa

Is that woman smiling at me?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one's with the kids :( Miss you love you happy Mardi Gras!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one is with the kids right now.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger