Saturday, March 08, 2008

Food Review...

Dropped Mary off in Sweeny Tx to spend a couple of days with Rose and Juan for spring break.

You know I had the idea to make a food blog, anonymous of course, for local restaurants. I'd go in and eat, maybe make a picture of the dish I had and I would play food critic. I would have a business card with the web address, maybe mail the card to the restaurant owner, leave the cards in public places to advertise. Be a nice little hobby, kind of an eat em up Zorro.




Any way we ate at a real good place, classic Texas Gulf coast style food called Bay City sea food. Here is a shot of Mary, Cathy and Rose outside one of numerous locations in the area. I had the 9-9-5,9 fried oysters, 9 shrimp and 5 scallops. Cathy had the grilled plate with oysters, scallops shrimp and fish. The fish was that good gulf coast grilled where the flavor comes from the grill instead of the spices like in a Cajun dish. A real nondescript piece of fish, they don't put no fancy name on him, but he is fresh from swimming in the gulf and is ready to swim in your belly, happy to please.

The fried stuff was not at all greasy. I talked to the owner and he reported only one or two myocardial infarctions per week and these were only amongst the oldest and most loyal customers.


Also the raw oysters, while fresh, were served on ice with no shell, clean, but in Texas I like a little grit. Good boiled crawfish, spicy, but not over done. I had a Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, while not on par with the one served locally at Mexico Lindo, it will serve as a nice booster to my flu shot.

Good clean neon is no nonsense about what's happening inside and the small shrimps deserved a closer focus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger