Thursday, March 13, 2008

Let Me Introduce My Redneck Friend...

Still recouping the eye. I am Ok to return to work on the 25th at full speed. No lifting, bouncing, running till then. So I am kind of stuck here at the house. I can take walks, read, cook and so forth but have not been able to do much else for fun. With the weather getting milder and the days longer I'd like to fish, but with Cathy working I better leave straining on boat hook ups and moving batteries around for charging and replacing alone.

Ever wonder about those long gone civilizations that seem to have just picked up and gone leaving all behind? That's kind of how it's starting to look around here. Just before all this eye business started the washing machine quit. Pretty sentimental occasion you know, it was a wedding present and all. I cried. But I dried my tears and marched down to Lowe's with explicit directions from my bride to purchase the cheapest machine available. It's an Amana, a floor model sold to me at a 10% discount by a young man I put the fear of death in long years ago because I caught him as a small mean boy, cornering my dogs in the garage and shooting them with a slingshot. I think the encounter did him some good, not because he gave me a good deal, but because he is now a youth leader at a local church. The old straighten up and fly right worked to great effect. It always does coming from a stranger, where such an encounter can be labeled "life experience" as compared to your own little secure circle where it is known as "family dynamics."

Anyway new washer installed before the eye trouble and the old one rests in peace, it's duty done with it up to me to find the best place for it to begin a new life as useful scrap metal. This is opposed to a night dump (I know, sounds nasty) on a lonely East Texas road where people will pass, point and say "I saw that on the blog."

Since I am limited on lifting for the time being I hope this period of rest does not get too restful. For the old machine that is. It's out to pasture, but it will soon be on to some other pasture as soon as I can lift. Until then, it looks like R.E.D. Neck business around here.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger