Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Got These in the Mail...

Got my Taekwondo Certificates from the 2009 competition year in the mail last week. This one is a certificate of competitive achievement, 9th in the world for forms, American Taekwondo Association, 50-59 age class. It's for the World Tournament held last June in Little Rock where I competed but did not place in the top three. Points gathered for the year at other tournaments placed me in the 9th spot. With my placing now all of us, Cathy, Mary, Me and Morgan have competed in the Top Ten big show one year or the other over the last 10 years since we began this sport with Morgan doing the best, a second place one year. Cathy did well one year qualifying in both forms and sparing.

I also hauled in Texas State Champ for the second year in a row, no tournament competition for this, but just the competitor in each state with the most tournament points each year.

I am not the best and it's doubtful I will ever make world champ, but I am proud to be able to perform at a level that is competitive at national and world events. That's a credit to the instruction received at our school, click the link on the web page side bar for more info. There were also two more from our school to compete Top Ten and make state champs.


Sad to say, I won't be state champ this year. New Tournament year began in June and for one reason or another I have been busy with other things with higher priority. There is an up coming regional tournament in Dallas in November and in January or February there is a new national event, held in L.A last year and rotated to Dallas this year for black belts only with the big Las Vegas tournament to follow soon after. Could be a dark horse...
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger