Tuesday, November 23, 2010

East Texas Big Sky Country...

This is a Sunday morning shot from my front yard or really just across the road looking at the western sky as my pet buffalo herd speads across the landscape. Closest it gets around here to big sky country. My neighbor, Lanis, a Navy vet claims that after seeing sunsets at sea all over the world some of the most spectacular are right here.


In the old days I'd draw a skin from a previously harvested animal across my back and sneak close for the kill. Now it's easier to use the zoom lens, crop on the computer and guess what, this old boy likes me a lot better.






If you look close far in the left center distance there is an elk, light brown against the fading fall green grass, maybe a little confused as to who his friends are. After these photos, I headed to town a couple of hours, came home nothing in sight. This field was empty when I returned. Two more hours pass, I look out all are back.


A glance over the shoulder and he unceremoniously shows me the butt. He says, "Glad that man is in the fence."


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger