Sunday, August 05, 2012

Back Porch Band at the Attoyac River Ranch...





Nice venue and occasion for last nights Back Porch Band gig. It was at the Attoyac River Ranch for Mr. and Mrs. Lowery's 61st wedding anniversary. 

In the second picture I am a bit distracted during the gig as a hog was trying to eat my hat. 

Third picture is Dan the drummer. He subbed for Mary who went to a taekwondo tournament and according  to a text received during the day took first in forms. Dan filled in well even though he probably could be classified as a "rock" drummer. If you will note in the photo he looks as if he has been startled. We were yelling at him to not get in the pool. Rock type guys will do that, jump in the pool on you.  After the gig, we let him go ahead and get in. 

The hunting lodge where the party was held. It's an old train station that was moved 40 miles to this location from it's previous location where it would have been covered by the waters of Sam Rayburn Reservoir as it filled in the early 1960s.  Cool place. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger