Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Back From New Orleans...




Well we are home. Just sitting around suffering post New Orleans depression. Hard to get anything good to eat after the big bracing breakfasts we had each day at a near by by diner La Peniche I highly recommend this place for any meal of the day.

Here's Pop and Geneva at one of the St Patrick's Day Parades. Pop did great with his hip replacement getting around New Orleans. The wheel chair was just for resting and traveling only. I hope my kids take note that I pushed my father in law all around the French Quarter. Of course they don't have to do that. I have been to N.O. many many times. They can take me to Bonaroo, Coachella, Burning Man, Disney World or Carnival in Rio. Note I have four children and listed five destinations. I'll go to any of them twice except Disney World. 

Here's one of the Irish Clubs. There is a lot of Irish in New Orleans. They dug the canals because the slaves were to valuable to be wasted on that kind of hard work. Somebody always has to be low man on the totem pole. At least that's what the Indians say. 

 I made about 400 photos. You will see more of these groups. 







Going for the art photo this the parade floats on Louisiana Street, an uptown neighborhood, overhung by big oaks. 
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger