Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Orleans Music...



People ask me stuff all the time. One thing they ask is "Mudbelly, why you go to New Orleans all the time?" It is a mystery to some since I don't drink, strip in bars or even go in the strip bars on Bourbon Street. One thing I go for is the music. 

I visited a famous neighborhood bar, Vaughn's to see Kermit Ruffins. Kermit plays there every Thursday night. If you get there early he's cooking BBQ outside and he will give you some. I like Kermit. Maybe not the hottest trumpet player in New Orleans, but a good entertainer and always a fun time. I own a bunch of his cds. 

Another good reason to get to Vaughn's early besides the BBQ is the crowd. Here's the key board player. I don't think he could even see the rest of the band. 

Photo from the back of the bar. It took me about an hour to edge my way up to where I made a close up photo of Kermit. 

Years ago at the jazz fest I met a guy in the crowd that really tried to get me to meet him at Vaughn's to see Kermit play. Well dude I finely made it. I did not see you. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger