Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sold a Tin Box Guitar...


I sold the Little Tom cigar tin guitar yesterday. I had it hanging in Sound Techs, the local music store Where it was spotted by Mark of the band, The Saw MIll Vagrants.  I met him at the music store and brought my newest builds. We sat around played and talked music as he went back and forth trying the different guitars. He like the goose guitar also but the Little Tom guitar was the first one he saw and he chose it. 

If you remember previous blog posts this is a four stringer made from a 1920s Little Tom cigar tin I bought junk shopping in Hearne Tx. It has a nice banjo sound and a dirty bluesy electric sound through an amp. 

You can probably see this guitar in action this weekend at the Kennard, Tx Old Mill Music Festival where the Sawmill Vagrants and other bands are playing. They also have a facebook page and it looks like a good event with performances, music workshops, vendors and camping. I would like to go but got to return to my day job. Maybe next year I can have a vendor booth. 

Currently I have the Holy Bible Guitar, the goose guitar, French Quarter Red, the Peanut warmer guitar and the El Dia De Los Muertoes amp in the music store. Staff says they are attracting a lot of attention. Thanks for looking. 

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger