Monday, November 04, 2013

Assume the Position...

My brother, Glenn had a retina reattached today at the neurosensory surgery center at Texas Methodist Hospital . It was the gas bubble surgery where the bubble holds the repair in place if you hold your head in the correct position for about a week or so.

I had the same surgery a few years ago and my position was sitting up with my head turned to the side. Pictured is Glenn's position. Head down but not necessarily prone. 


We are in the hotel and must go back to the clinic in the morning to have the doc check the eye. I have offered to put the big screen TV we have in the room on the floor to make it a little easier to watch Monday might football. Glenn said that's ok, just take the bathroom mirror and put it on the floor so I can see the reflection. 

At least Glenn had an out patient procedure this morning. Texans coach Gary Kubiak, who collapsed at last night's game was in the same hospital and did not get to go home. The guy who pushed Glenn out in a wheel chair after his procedure described the local uproar over Kubiak's presence in the hospital as "a hot mess."  


  Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger