Saturday, November 09, 2013

Do I Hear Bagpipes...





Here's the band Tartanic which we saw a couple weekends ago at the Renaissance Festival. I thought I'd give them a little coverage this morning because when I talk about the instruments that bring me the most pleasure such as tuba, cowbell, harmonica, banjo, and accordion I sometimes forget to mention the bag pipes. 

I have seen these guys play before and I have one cd by them and I bought a live recording by them this day. Seems like the studio recordings might be a little more on the eletronica  side while the live recording contains a lot of live "chatter" and humor. Pick which you like when you buy to support the band. 

I like this bass drum head. Make a good back tattoo. If I had the space to spare I'd turn it up side down. 

Dancers with the band are always good. People dance to my band's music but they don't get up and dance "with" the band. Posted by Picasa

Speaking of supporting live music (shameless self promotion requesting money, compliments and publicty) check out me at the Lufkin VFW tonight. Show starts at 8pm. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger