Thursday, January 16, 2014

Competition in the House...

At home I have one of Miguel's guitars. Actually I have a couple of his guitars but this oil can guitar is something he won at a drawing last year at SXSW in Austin. It's made by Bohemian Guitars, a company headquartered in Atlanta, Ga. It sits next to the lates can guitar I have made.
It has a fretted neck, one single coil pickup, volume and tone knobs and plays like a real guitar with six strings. It's nice. It will set you back about $300 if you go to their web site and order. 


With Miguel's permission I might take this little can to the upcoming Lufkin State Supported Living Center dance and play it next week. Give it a good run through. Of course Miguel is welcome to come and play it on the gig himself if he likes.  Pickup sounds a little harsher than I like but we will see what happens when you put it to the volume test with full band. 

Of course I am a little prejudiced and I think my guitars sound perfectly good. Espically if you are a slide player like myself.. They are doing a different thing and in fact the black can guitar essentially acts as a microphone and I plan on getting it's abilities on record soon.  It will be for sale and will only set you back about $65. 

Make music. It's inside you, get it out. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger