Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bass Guitar Build...

Finished my first bass guitar build this week. It's a Southern Biscuits Tin with Currier and Ives prints front and back of the "Blacksmith" and the "Mill Dam at Sleepy Hollow." Tin sells as an antique for anywhere from $10-$40 on the internet. Paintings date from 1860s and the tin seems to be 70s vintage.

Here's a close front and back view, whoops forgot to flip that one. Oh well bet y'all all got Ipads might be easier for you to flip than me. 


Head stock has that Fender vibe and rightly so I am pretty much a Fender guy until some one lays a high dollar Gibson on me. Note the rounded neck. Morgan routed that for me. I now have my router and table set up and I think I got it figured out and it looks like all my guitars will have rounded necks from this point on. 

So here is the specs. Strings are tape wound and tuned E and A. Has a piezo pickup. Acoustic sound is fairly loud and electric sound through a small guiatr amp is boomy. Have not tried the big bass amp. Neck is oak and it's thick. It's fret less so if you have music in you I bet this thing can get it out. This baby screams for a fuzz pedal. Maybe I'll make a demo later this week. 

It is for sale. Have not decided on a price. Make me an offer. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger