Sunday, March 16, 2014

It's a Job Somebody Has to Do...

We attended a wedding outdoors in the pouring rain. Location was the Azalea Garden at Stephen F. Austin State University. Azaleas were not in bloom but despite the weather love was as Jeremy wed Donna. Jeremy is the son of Sharon who works with Cathy. I knew about three people at this wedding but I enjoyed taking a few photos, eating a nice reception spread and a just being around folks having a good time making the best out of a rainy day at an outdoor event. 


The bride and groom look very happy. I think all their friends were happy also. Especially happy because umbrellas were in good supply. Only problem was I did not bring one. Lucky for me the nice man on the right in the next photo loaned me an extra one he happened to have. 
The hard job I was referring to in the title of this piece is the job the young man in the blue suit on the left was doing. I did not catch his name but I spotted him and took a few photos because he was doing a very important job and that was playing the wedding march and other music on a boom box type system. He brought a lot of energy. He had a schedule printed on a wet piece of paper clutched in his hand as he scurried around getting soaked and making sure all happened right on time. This is how show business is folks. A nasty, wet hard job but some excel at it. 
Here he even pitches in to help the other artist, the video man to do his job. 
Later at the reception I noticed he hooked an ipad up to the hall sound system so their could be music. Good tech savvy. After this he helped herd all the families together for a group photo. He's got skills. He used them. I don't know if he was, friend, family or what but this behind the scenes attention to detail made Jeremy and Donna's day very nice. 

Show business. It's a job somebody has to do. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger