Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Live Music at The Hidden Village Music Festival...

Last night the Howlin' Brothers played at the Standpipe Coffee House for another performance of the Hidden Village music Festival. It was a stop over for the band as they travel from Nashville to Austin to appear at the SXSW festival going on there this week. They were great. Here's the photos. '

I guess you could call them an old time bluegrass combo with some nice twists. There was some electric guitar, some fiddle, banjo, percussion and the guitar player on the right did Appalachia type tape dancing on a raised sound board surface as he played.  

After a quick rehearsal in the ally outside during break, Aaron, of the Sabine River Brass Band joined for a tune on tuba. 
They also had cds for sale. $25 bucks got me two of their recordings, one of which was recorded in the Sun Studios and has a cover of one of my favorite Carl Perkins tunes, "Dixie Fried." 

What's not to like here. Head up to the Standpipe. Music is ongoing all week. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger