Wednesday, April 02, 2014

We managed to squeeze in a quick lake trip on Tuesday evening before returning to the work week. Even though the water is nudging up to 70 degrees there were no fish in our prime spring/fall shallow water fishing spot. Maybe next days off it will be different. Here's what the "place" looks like. Lakes a little low but give me a north or south wind and it should soon be good. 

I actually thought we might have some luck as there was another pretty good fisherman working the area. There are so many big birds such as the migrating white pelicans (which except for a few stragglers are mostly gone) cranes, herons, eagles and ospreys working Lake Sam Rayburn that  I think it's an indication of a huge, healthy fish population.

Now I did not say we did not catch fish. We checked out the place we call "Old Reliable" which is s deep spot always good for some action. We threw back a bucket of undersized catfish to grow big and kept three keeper size for our supper. Ya'll know that I like to fry fish, blacken fish and do all those other man cooking meat searing things but when it comes to Gulf Coast dusted with flour browned in a butter skillet Cathy takes the prize. This is what she cooked for supper last night.  


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger