Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Orleans Street Musicians....


New Orleans is a great town for street musicians. I don't know exactly what the rules are, if permits are required or fees should be paid so that stops me from trying it myself. I don't want to get arrested. Because I work a 7 on 7 off shift there are people suspecting I am already on some kind of work release program.  But no matter about the music. They got it covered. No help needed. I am content to throw a few bucks in a tip jar, make a photo, watch, dance and move on to the next street corner discovery. So I have some pictures to show from the most recent trip. I also posted some street musician photos from the last trip about a year ago and I recently had some feed back on those photos from an anonymous poster.   

I have found out that what I write here may mean something different to the reader than it meant to me. That has given me pause to think if I even knew what I meant. It was a bit of a surprise though that the feedback from the anonymous poster asked if I was making fun of the people in the photos from a year ago. I think I had written something like "thanks for the music degree mom, sorry my nose is so red in these photos from huffing the intoxicant of my friends choice." I tried to explain that I was really writing to people that knew me and I was just referring to missed opportunity, things I did, things I was told I did, things I should have done and as to the fact that (I am going to use a milder word than lied) I have spoofed people on this page before. 

After several exchanges trying to explain myself and the nine years of writing linked here they stopped responding and I suspect they still were not clear. If I had known where they lived I could go over and knock on the door and continue. Maybe I do know where they live because the comments were anonymous but I doubt on knowing the knocker they would have opened. That's a great allegory of life, a thousand doors knocked on and only a bare few opened and how far those got us. Thanks Cathy, love you.

Anyway here's the photos. These folks played great. Most have  shirts and cds for sale and they are good quality. Maybe some day they make it on Idol and you see them and say, "that was the guys hanging with mudbelly in New Orleans"  and I get more cards, letters, calls, emails and knocks on the door. 





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger