Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It Rains but Fish Bite...

On a morning outing with me, Cathy, Cousin Beverly and an old family friend Jim we landed 22 catfish and Beverly caught two bass. Very nice day at the lake before we were chased off by rain showers. I think pound wise we had more fish with the size running a bit bigger.
This is evidence of what good a good fishing spot we have a pair of ospreys were busy building a nest. In addition to bringing in nesting materials they ate at least three pounds of fish that I saw them catch and bring back to the nest. I should have taken more and betetr pictures because they were not shy and as the wind swing us around we had better positioning. 

Jim, Beverly and Cathy. 

Action shot showing bent poles. That's the bait in the foreground bucket, not their lunch. 

Jim is a contemporary of mine and Beverly's dads and in the good old days did some hunting and fishing with them. He is one of the few guests on our boat who have held their own on these fishing trips. The catfish bite can be light, heavy or require exact casting skills as when we are slip corking like we did today and  sometimes those things are beyond the occasional bait soakers skills.  

Very nice fish today with two blue cats about this size. 

What's those green fish? That's a couple of keeper sized Kentucky Spotted largemouth bass that Beverly caught. 

Of course we have the tub shot. Nice fish and wet but happy fishers. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger