Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Playing Out and Selling Cigar Box Guitars...

You may have seen this photo making the rounds on facebook. Cathy and I played out at Old Souls Food Truck one evening last weekend and it was a good gig. 
They liked us and indications are that we will do it again. Also calls are in trying to get dates for the downtown buskers weekend which is an ongoing project every third Saturday where folks do music, juggling and so on downtown street corners. If that goes through look for me and Cathy in November and me and Mary doing drum and tuba Christmas in December. We will let you know. 

The cigar boxes continue to sell well. If you called me wanting one for Christmas. I got you covered. If you haven't called me I may not have you covered. 

I got a report on cigar box build #10 this weekend. Built from a 1920s tin cigar box in April 2013 I sold it to Marc of the Sawmill Vagrants band. Marc has since moved away but other folks held on the the guitar and it is in use and they like it. Glad it found a good home. 



No for the story of a guitar without a home.  It's build #22 from January 2014.. It's has a square neck so that means I build it before I owned a router. It's a thin box that is not really very loud acoustically but-has a great electric sound that I have used for some video demos. I have carried this guitar to New Orleans and played it, I have made the demos, at the recent craft fair kids sat in my booth and sawed it with great abandon and twice lately when I have had patients who played instruments I took it too work and let them play it. It has not required tuning for at least the last month. Stays in tune and takes punishment well. It's a white box that has a couple of smudges on top from all this use. It's a used guitar. 

Next two photos are how it originally looked. Neck is not true through the box but my had falls easy to the notes. It's made to be played with a slide. 

Here is how it looks today. Not sure if the smudges really show up. 

Now we will see who reads and who looks at the photos. This guitar on sale for $40. First to send an email to cewallac@consolidated.net gets it at that price. Any shipping is on you. 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger