Friday, January 08, 2016

Is It Art?/Not Art...?

While thrifting at the local stores the other day I came upon an oil painting on canvas with a home made frame. None of the proprietors spoke much English and the item was unmarked price wise so they made a telephone call to an unknown person to find out this info. While trying to make the call I made an offer and lucky for me the unknown person and myself were in agreement to what this thing was worth. I bought it. Here's what it made.

It made a pretty good guitar. Note to prospective buyers, the neck is a little off kilter and the strings angle along like a three cell flashlight beam shined up into the stars on a dark summer night. There are no rules on homemade instruments. If you can't figure out a way to live with this then you aint a liver. 

Colors show up a bit better in this photo. That's oil on canvas over a home made frame. It's not real delicate but this might not want to be the guitar you want to play fish fries and crawfish boils with.

It's signed by the artist, Looks like "Alicia Tayette" or something like that. Good thing she is not on facebook. I think I am in love with her. 

Plays with a slide and has a bit of higher than normal action. No big deal if you are a slider. You aint going back to fingers anyway. 

The back was open and I made a back to be able to mount the pick up jack. Yes it is electric. I recommend an angled guitar plug but played sitting down a regular straight plug does not get in the way. 

A close up shows the almost three D paint job. 
I have recently been accused of shameless self promotion on this page but this guitar is for sale. It's $75. If I have to ship I'm charging $25 for shipping expenses.

I don't know is it art/not art? 

There was some pretty fertile ground to plough at this particular thrift store. I got a blue rayon shirt. Mary says it's going to make me sting when I sweat while wearing it. Peter, who's harmless hobby is puppets, found a complete set of N Sync marionettes. Not life size or nothing and I don't know how they make him smell.   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger