Friday, March 11, 2016

The Charliecaster...

In the 1950s when Leo Fender was building guitars he wanted modern shapes and names to reflect the progress of science and culture of the time. He called his guitars Stratocasters and Telecasters. Now when I build a cigar box guitar I don't have a lot of choice to the shape but I'm calling this one I built for a high school classmate of mine, Charlie Harris the Charliecaster. 

I have a bunch of cigar boxes here at I home to use in my builds but as have a couple of people Charlie had a box he liked and I made a custom model. 



I had actually build Charlie's sister Jo a guitar in trade for a bunch of boxes and Charlie had been playing hers. He said she was tired of sharing and he needed one. Siblings will do that kind of thing to ya. 


A look at the top secret tone machine innards of a mudbelly build. Piezo disc pickups in bottle caps along with a capacitor jumping the input jack  tame some of the treble shrillness of the piezo.  Not all are like this. I kind of do things with what I have on hand and that's what makes the instruments all different sounding.


Charlie takes delivery of the Charliecaster. Thanks! 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger