Friday, February 12, 2016

A Selfie, A Shirt, the Numbers...

People tell me all the time "I like looking at your pictures on the blog." Thanks. They are much to the dismay of my subjects, just that. Pictures of my subjects. I don't make many selfies. I look with great jealousy on those with the perfectly composed selfie all dignified, sexy, thoughtful, important and here I can't even figure out how to get the camera out of the shot.

This is a photo of me at the recent Galveston Mardi Gras. I am wearing a Neville Brothers "Mardi Gras to the World" t shirt that I bought at a Neville Brothers show in New Orleans at Mardi Gras time 1986. I think it's pretty cool I still fit in it after all these years and all these carnivals. Kind of a story goes with this shirt.

After attending this show and buying the t shirt (I can't remember the price in 1986 dollars) I wrecked my car on a foggy Louisiana highway. Seems another driver had run into the back of a wrecker towing a vehicle away from a wreck scene and I ran into the back of all that. Nobody was hurt, "at least not a lot" as singer songwriter Todd Snider says and though I did not drive the car home that day I saved the shirt. The car was fixed to return in glory to New Orleans several more times to later when I came to my senses or lost my mind depending on who's doing the telling was traded on a car that would transport a bunch of kids.  

So for the numbers. This event and t shirt date back 30 years. A Neville Brothers T shirt like this in good used condition, which this one might not qualify as sells for $45 on ebay. The car I wrecked was a 1984 Rocket 88. The person driving the car I ran into was 17 years old. He would now be 47 years old.  

I think I have the start of a good equation that given a cool shirt to wear I will be able to make the perfect selfie every time I try. The only number I need is the number of times I have been to Mardi Gras. I plug that in I might have something. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger