Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The New Secret Cat fishing Spot...

Well it was secret for a while till they found us. I know it was spring break so there are some extra people on the lake and I know this blog is read worldwide (this mornings visit log shows that some one in the Ukraine read the last catfish report) but give us a break.  

Despite the helicopter surveillance we landed 25 catfish yesterday at the new spot. It took a while for them to find us as we had fished for one hour before the bite started. It got busy after that. 

Some nice channels cats in the 16-18 inch size. I must admit my wife has pretty much put it on me the last several times by out fishing me. I started out fast but I think she caught up. 


If you note the bushes we are fishing around in the photos. Distance is a little misleading. Those bushes are probably a 20 foot cast away. I was making a longer cast taking fish from the farthermost brush line.  Close to the boat if a fish took your line he immediately ran in some kind of submerged obstacle and hung you up. We lost several rigs each in this manner. Not easy fishing.  


As I say this is a new spot to fish but several seasons ago I duck hunted this area to fair success. With the lake 5' low the far bank of this creek was wade-able for hunting and there are still a lot of wood ducks in the area.  It's about 10' deep from where the photo is made maybe 15 in the middle of the channel.


A tub full of catfish. Beverly and Donnie called as we left the lake. They came over for a fried catfish dinner and we put a big sack of fillets in the freezer. Cousin Beverly says I am better than our dad's at cooking fried fish. That's high praise. At church the other day a man approached me and asked how much fish I had in the freezer. Seems like I had kind of took a count a while back and knew we could host a fish fry for about 30 people. I told him this and he said "if it must be invitation only please put me on the list." Chuy, you are on the list! 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger