Sunday, May 01, 2016

Status Report on an Old Guitar Build...

It's always nice to know that a cigar box guitar I have constructed is still in use. I occasionally see members of the old time music band The Sawmill Vagrants and they always update me that a 1920s cigar tin guitar I made for one of their members is still in use. Here is another one with a recent photo of it's user.

You can look it up on this blog for more details but in April 2013 I built a guitar from an old army helmet for my son in law Juan. He is a military gear collector and he supplied the helmet. It was the fourth guitar I built and it sounded pretty good. I have lost track of the number of guitars I have built since then and maybe it was a bit crude or just plain practical in it's design based on the skill level I had at the time. 



Well as you know when grandson Warren is around here he has a bit of a time keeping his hands off an instrument and it's been hard to get a good photo of him jamming because he's kind of like the old Wanda Jackson song says "Shaking All Over." Cathy managed to take a photo of this power chord strum last week and you customers will be glad to know that these guitars can take what ever a three year old can dish out. 

That's all. Please rock on. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger