Thursday, May 12, 2016

Chicago Crawfish Boil 2016...

I have done crazier things than fly to Chicago to eat crawfish. It's not all that crazy really when you consider that it's our daughter Katie and son in law Peter throwing the boil and I get to spend the weekend hanging with them as well as doing and seeing the sights of the third biggest city in the USA. Besides I like to think of it as one of those going against the grain things, going north to get something that's really south. It's a piece that may fit a puzzle one of these days like maybe 20 years in the future. I'll probably be gone but the rest of ya'll will be standing around saying "yeah man that's what that dude was trying to show us and we just now getting it fingered out."  

These craws were from the south all right. Natchitoches, La. to be sure. They arrived in an overnight shipment right to the door live, big, clean and ready to eat and eat them we did. They were good. Check the photos for yourself. Here's Peter giving them a hose down. 

Cathy makes a new friend. 

Katie and Cathy. 

The crawfish races. 

That get em while they are hot look. 


Peter coaches the guest on the finer points of craw fish. 


Yum yum. 

Party gets underway. 


I can remember when I was in there leading the charge, boiling, cooking and everything. I'm still leading the fish fry charge for now but looks like my kids and their spouses are taking all this hard party work over from me. Time to rest easy and enjoy. They got this. 

 Them craws are good! 

Peter takes a photo from the balcony or what ever they call that in Chicago. 

 Ok, Ok so the the fire idea kind of sucked. 
Nothing else this day did. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger