Wednesday, May 04, 2016

More on the Ancestors...

Here's a photo I got from my cousin Sue at a recent family gathering. It's my Grandmother (Granny) Wallace's grandparents Elam and Mary Ann Massingill Albritton.. 

Photo by Harrington and Rogers of Lufkin Tx. I'll have to look them up. 

You might recall I have blogged about Elam before. He was a Civil War vet in the 7th Texas Calvary. In 1924 he had been dead since 1910 and Mary Ann went down to the Angelina County Courthouse and filed for a Confederate Widows pension. You can read all this old info at this LINK

Today I took my mom and we went out to McKindree Cemetery and visited Elam and Mary Ann's grave stones. I had seen a photo of Elam's stone on find a grave but today I made a bunch of photos of Albritton, Massingill and Ridgeway headstones.  I will be looking these folks up and figuring out who is who as time permits. 





I believe Mary Ann's Gates of Heaven on her stone is a little wider that Elam's. 

I need to find out who these people were. I am guessing sisters, Elora and Eudora.

Nice Angel on Elora's. 


Eudora has a lamb on her's. She was born Feb. 7th, 1887 and passed on June 8th 1888. 


I am thinking these might be my people also. These petrified headstones are right in the middle of a grouping of my kin. As I walked the burial ground and it's not a big place all families were together. 


So new stuff to find out about. Some names I know, some we will have to find a place for. Stay tuned. 





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger