Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Found some fish in shallow water....

Since late summer we have been catching catfish deep. Total catch today was 26, a bit below average. The day started well and we arrived at the lake about 4pm. We started fishing deep and for about 30 minutes we had fast action as soon as the bait hit the bottom but there were lots of throw backs. Here's a shot down the lake with what looks to be a controlled burn going on. I recently saw a controlled burn in the Angelina National Forest so I guess it's that time of the year.

Black helicopter. Is it Trump? Is it Putin? Lady Gaga fixing to let down? Seal Team 6?  Everybody wants to know my fishing spot.



We moved to a shallow water secondary point inside a main point if that makes any sense to ya'll. In other words where the catfish gather. We found fish here last spring. I remember lots of minnows skipping on the water and those bait fish were here again today. So were the cats.


Moon photo made before dusk with my worn out scratched lens Canon camera. I was told I could have a new camera for my birthday several weeks ago but have not made a move on that yet. 


Sunset on the water. 


Action shot. 


That's a 3 pound six ounce channel cat. Caught under a slip cork in two feet of water. 


Cathy fished in shorts today. The facebook memory thing shows that 8 years ago we fished this same day, it was bitter cold and we only caught 4 fish. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger