Sunday, June 25, 2017

I have Been Accused of Shameless Advertising But...

I like the Rolling Stones all right. I might be more of a Beatles guy but I do remember that first transistor radio I owned and how I sat in the backyard swing on darkening summer evenings in the late 1960s  fine tuning in the pop songs of the day with the Stones being in heavy rotation. 

Later on into the 70s with a little disposable income coming my way I bought that old Stones double album of greatest hits, the greatest ones up to that point anyway. You know which one, I still have it. I think pop stars thought a bit different in those days. The stardom of the day could be fleeting so it probably made good sense to cash in on a greatest hits. 

In the 80s I think it was GW sitting in the house on King Street who turned me on to the Exile on Main Street record. I taped it on cassette. Listened to it a lot cruising in the Rocket 88. A bluesy, boozy collection of tunes and I own it on CD today. 

About 10 years ago I was somewhere and a middle aged guy had on a Stones Concert tee shirt. One that was recent at that time and another guy (I know what you are thinking, we weren't standing at the urinals) asked him if he had been to the concert.  He said yes, front row seats. The other guy seemed to think front row at a Stones concert was a pretty rough place. The concert goer replied, "It's not like the old days. Those are expensive seats. It's people in suits and stuff sitting in them." 

 Even though they have great grand kids The Stones are still putting out music, playing concerts, selling tees and I think they even write books. They make money in ways they might not even know about. I spotted this DHL Express truck on the highway from my seat on the Blue Line train from Chicago's O'Hare Airport to downtown. That explains the blurry photo as it was a shoot from the hip think quick chance.

aNow I have been taking the high road all these years with music. You know, no playing Free Bird and even though Prince was a cool dude I won't jam with you on Purple Rain. Plenty of people doing that stuff is what I am getting at and I don't know the words anyway.. I will put my image on the side of a truck. Of course the money needs to be right and they need to catch my best side, make me look skinny and cool and that kind of stuff. 


So the Stones sit around, "got on the DHL truck mate, high Fives all around" or do they know? Jace, do I need a manager?  
  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger