Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Fishing Report...

We have been busy. This blog probably only covers about the half of it. Seems we have neglected the cat fishing and folks have been asking "when is the next fish fry." I don't have an answer for that. We have about 20 pounds or so in the freezer and last winter after the October fish fry we put up 50 pounds of catfish by the Mardi Gras Fish Fry. That's a heck of a way to mark the year, by the fish fries. 

Anyway it was a pleasant day on the lake yesterday. Winds were calm and earlier in the week while we were in Chicago Bill and Geneva camped at Hank's creek and reported much fish cleaning among camp neighbors. Then a little front blew in and all me and Cathy could manage were 8 keepers with a good many throw backs. That's ok because lately we have not been fishing hard so what we catch, we cook. We fried those fish soon as we got home. Doing this kind of thing instead of the usual meat in the boat fishing causes me to suspect that catch number might be down this year. We will keep making these blog posts and make a count.  


Dead calm on the lake. Glad we went because it was windy today.

It had been at least two months since the last lake trip I think and the boat did not run so good. I put it in the shop for a tune up and that is maybe the second tune up since we bought it in 2005 or 06. Can't really recall but I know there has been some steady use and the years roll by too fast.  


Here is how I eat my cat fish. This is right out of the pan drizzled with some of that Cajun Wowie Sauce they sell at Brookshire Brothers and sprinkled with Tabasco Habanero Pepper sauce. Probably an hour and a half from loading the boat to on the plate. That's fresh fish. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger