Friday, November 03, 2017

Local Live Music...

It was local Live music for a little impromptu Halloween Party at Blackspot Tattoo this week. Old Souls Food Truck was on hand to feed and when I got off work I threw on the King/Bishop/Samurai/whatever you think it is costume and went up there to check things out. This little band calling themselves Dead Tigers was playing.  


It's a guitar/drum duet and you know that kind of thing is all the rage with bands like the White Stripes, the Black Keys, the Japandroids all spawned by a group led by Dex Rhomweber from a few years ago called the Flat Duo Jets. I gathered from conversation that these guys were high school band kids, or that at least their friends were. That's a good group of people to be hanging with and is how I got my start all those years ago. I guess I'm still hanging with that crowd. 

Now if you were looking for a real slick performance of your favorite classic rock tunes this was not it. It was people standing up there and being honest about doing music, turning their backs to that wall and letting it out and that's the thing that is most important. I personally did not recognize a song they played so I can't say if this is covers or originals but I did note the use of dynamics with cleanly played sweet quiet passages set apart and followed by crashing, joyous distortion which I have noted to be the thing in some circles. 

They also had put some time in setting the stage and atmosphere for this Halloween night gig. It will be a good memory for these  guys and their friends. Heck I am remembering it right now myself.  Thanks to the Blackspot/Old Souls crew for making a nice place when kids of all ages can do stuff.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger