Monday, February 26, 2018

The Accidental Gardner...

That might have been a movie or book title that I never saw or read but somehow stick in my head. That's how I take care of the yard. I plant stuff and it usually looks ok. Occasionally I ask Cathy's advice about organic placement but she just says "What you have going on is fine with me." I don't know what that means other than she knows that whatever she says I usually do the opposite. 


This is a photo of a line of oleanders I planted some forgotton years ago. The neighbor's privacy fence came a couple of years ago so this was a good choice since they are growing up the shield the bare wood look.

If you look closely at the second and third plants from the camera you will see how they got bit from the cold this year. The same plants also  got bit last year and I trimmed back the dead leaves hoping to jump start thick bushy growth.

Nothing else in the row is damaged by the cold and there are plants two and three times the size of the ones in question. Why are these particular two affected and others not? There is a slight dip in the ground where they are planted. That's the only thing I can think that's different from the others but one way to think about this is that lower plants should be shielded by taller plants.

Like a lot of other stuff, I don't know.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger