Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Lake Tejas,,,

We made a trip to Lake Tejas in Comesneil, Texas yesterday. The grand kids had a great time on the slides, diving from the dock and tower and we even put the canoe in for a paddle.

Lake Tejas is a place my dad took us swimming when I was a kid. He probably swan there as a child.  It's an old spring fed lake. The Wallace family came to the Comsneil area from Mississippi. My grandfather Sam Wallace was born there in 1892. His father, my great great grandfater E Pluribus Unam Wallace seems to have been born in Mississippi in 1853 and was in Texas by 1870. "Plu" as they called him also had his father in Texas but I am not sure of the date. My great great great great-grandfather William died in nearby Chester, Texas in 1900 and he and Plu are both buried there. I need to check out some of the cemeteries in the area.  

Warren jumps. 


The tower. 

Warren jumps again. 


Cathy demonstrates a can opener. 


Canoe crew. I caught two fish, a bream and a bass. Seems I recall a childhood memory of walking out on one of the several docks around the lake and seeing all kinds of fish around the dock waiting for a kid to drop a French fry. I did not have a fishing pole that day and can still remember the keen disappointment of not being prepared. I try not to let that happen again. 


Very pretty lake. Not crowded at all on a Monday afternoon. 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger