Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Family Reunion...


It was quite a get together. Wes and Connie hosted. I cooked fish. We had enough singers and players for a band. Fifty two people were in attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Kentucky and Georgia. 

In the poster Connie made you see Caleb and Pinkie Wiley born in 1879 and 1885 respectively. That's my Mom's parents and she is the only surviving child. I want to say there were 9 out of 10 surviving grandchildren in attendance. If I don't have that right I am sure someone will correct me. 


Many of these folks had not seen each other in years. That's one of the good things about social media is that it was a help in bringing relatives together. Looks like there might be more things like this or at least some visiting as we pass each other close enough for a stop in on our travels 

Stories were shared and my favorite one was from my second cousin David on our last meeting. Seems he was on a trip to Lufkin when he was 13 years old. He said I was old enough to be driving because I took him on a trip to a pawn shop. He said it was a bit of an edgie experience having never been in a pawn shop and riding around with a cousin he hardly knew. He said I bought a book about the Beatles. 

I don't remember any of that. Hopefully memories made this weekend will last longer. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger