Thursday, November 29, 2018

It's A Bit Balmy Here But Winter Is There...


It's warmed back up in Texas but a couple of weekends ago we were on a visit to the PK in Chicago and got to see a bit of snow. It came down in big fluffy flakes that did not stick around all that long as the ground is not that cold yet and generally during the afternoon temps would rise above freezing. Snow has come a bit early, not early enough to discount global warming or anything like that but I'm glad to get to see just enough and glad that I'm not there this week because I think there was a bit of a blizzard that shut down air travel and might have made it difficult to return to my preferred latitudes.

Here's an early morning back ally photo. No car tracks spoiling the view of the garbage can sentinels standing watch. I'm not sure how many cars might be in these garages as a lot of folks use public transit.  The PK rely on their car more with the birth of Wallace to get around but this is not enough snow to queer the deal for city travel. I think the buses I took for runs around town go faster in the snow.    

Rare photo of Cathy being cold. 


Cathy and Wallace dress for a trip downtown. 


Here's Peter with Wallace and Cathy and Katie. 


Me and Cathy. I have a very nice thrift store wool coat, probably a $300 value that I bought for $30 on a hot August Chicago trip and stored at the PK residence for winter use. I like it and think it makes me look stylish but If I brought this coat home I would never wear it. I have a similar garment in pea jacket style at home that it gets cold enough maybe once or twice a year to wear. 


Ok, time to cue a train song on the stereo and bring this blog into the station on time.  


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger