Saturday, November 10, 2018

Paul Lil Buck Sinegal...

Last night Lil Buck Sinegal played the Live Oak Listening Room in Nacogdoches. If you don't know Lil Buck he was the guitar player in Accordion great Clifton Chenier's band playing on the album that put zydeco on the national map, Bougalusa Boogie, and also played with another great Buckwheat Zydeco. Lot of people have heard Lil Buck's guitar on Paul Simon's album Graceland. That was a recording that sold 16 million copies. 

Lil Buck lives in Lafayette, La. He is 74 years old and attends Mass daily. Down in Louisiana if your last name is Sinegal that is a sure sign your ancestors came here from the African country of Senegal. Lil Buck is a monster on the guitar.      

I have seen Sinegal several times. This is the second time on his own and I might have even seen him with Chenier or Buckwheat's band. memories from that long ago are a bit hazy. He has played the New Orleans Jazz Fest every year since the 70s. That's a Fender Stratocaster guitar he's playing and he gives a master class in how it should sound coving blues, Motown, New Orleans style R & B as well as zydeco. He amped up with kind of some unusual gear using a Crate Power block and a Marshall 4x12 cab to get some a good clean blues sound with just a bit of hair on it. 

The keyboard player was Buckwheat zydeco's son. I did not get his name. Bass was Lee Allen Zeno and drummer was Greg. 


Good photo of him playing his dad's accordion with Buckwheat's name engraved. 


Go see Lil Buck. He is a stone cool cat that can crank a guitar. 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger