Thursday, October 17, 2019

Mr. Singer and the Sharp Cookies...

Most of the time when we think about making it in the music business we think of that Saturday night when we finely write a hit song. We think about playing in some super group. We think about that rapper that samples our tune on his or her hit that results in thousands of dollars in mailbox money. Some people like MR. SINGER AND THE SHARP COOKIES think about entertaining the children, of whom there are millions.  
When we visit Chicago we usually go to the Chicago Cultural Center to check out exhibits and to take our grandson, Wallace to the Juicebox Series which are performances by dancers, singers, actors and others designed to appeal to the "stroller set."   Note right under the "x" in Juice box you see Wallace dancing. 
All events at the center, performances and exhibitions are put on by the City of Chicago and are free to the public. 

I would imagine that all the performers I have seen here have spent a good bit of time including college, private lessons and so on developing their craft. Mr. Singer is quite popular around town often performing at a series the zoo offers and I would imagine private parties and such. He might even have an act for adults but certainly when I was tolling away in a music building practice room while in college I never thought, "can't wait to graduate and start playing at the zoo." 

That said, our little polka band, The Lufkin Brass has a gig this weekend, Oct 19th at 9:30 am playing at the Heritage Antiques Flea Market. Come check us out. Maybe we make a zoo gig sometime. 

Fun for all ages. 

If in Chicago, check out the cultural center. It's free. 






Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger