Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A Hike in the Woods...

I see in the age of Covid 19 with many public areas and activities shut down outdoor fun, playing music and reading books (they should probably add eating greens three times a week to the list because combined with the other three things it makes a recipe for a health body and mind) are encouraged. I guess I was ahead of the curve last week before the world turned crazy when the grand kids were here and we fished Sam Rayburn and hiked the Swamp Trail at Martin Dies, Jr. State Park. 

I was behind the curve though on the toliet paper thing. While I was doing all this outdoor fun store shelves emptied and as the blues man Howlin' Wolf said "I have had my fun if I never get well no more" so I look to be out by Friday of Saturday. 

Even though precautions were not in effect this day here's a good example of the 6'  probably soon to be 10' social distancing rule   

 

Ya'll TOO CLOSE!


This gives me an idea for a novel or maybe a short story since that's the genre I usually work in. Opening line:
"Even though I could not guess the gender specifics of their relationship from the deeply felt and cut initials in the gray tree bark and the gentle closeness of the letters massaged away some of the pain caused by the 6' social distancing rule the fact that love is love could not be denied."

And so it goes. See the Howlin Wolf quote.  


A couple of days after this photo I found that I could not completely look over my left shoulder. For my Physical Therapist friends if you gave me a Berg Balance test I would have lost a point on the turning to look behind over left and right shoulder. My fall risk was increased. See Howlin Wolf quote. 


Of course I made a cast but no bites. 


Self quarantined example. 


Eat your greens, play some blues, get out in the spring time. Have your fun. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger