Friday, March 13, 2020

This week's Lake Report...

I did some yard trimming cutting back a bunch of yaupon and throwing in some cedar for good measure and decided rather than burn or dump I would haul it all to the lake and make a fish habitat. 

We picked out a spot, currently with the lake up we found a little edge of a small drop into 37 feet of water and got a good placement by an easy to tie up to stump. On the new fish finder it barely looked like a bump on the bottom but the sensitive electronics picked up the stream of escaping air bubbles. Maybe when the crappie go deeper it will home some fish.   


This was a bit disturbing. It's another pontoon fishing one of our favorite deep water spots. I spotted this guy on the other side of the old boat lane and as we were working on our sinking he headed straight for this spot to fish. I think this was maybe a random choice since in several years of fishing this area, usually August through January has been the best time we have not seen another person nearby. I did not intend on fishing that spot this day as we had been catching cats shallow. 

As a side note by zooming the photo up I see about 5 boats fishing under the long bridge. Might be something going on there.   


Cathy fishes the spot we call the horse shoe. For some reason after a couple of pretty good days in this area things were slow. She put it on me 7 cats to my 1. The creek edge out the back of the boat that produced a 7 pounder for me last trip produced 0. 


After seeing some crows monkeying around the osprey nest they were back and no crows to be seen. 


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger