Friday, July 03, 2020

Big Blow on the Lake...

It started out as a sunny, fairly still, a little north wind but blazing hot summer day. Me, Cathy and Matt began fishing deep as is usually the case this time of year and were doing pretty good but sweating a lot. 

The wind shifted to the east and we headed for shelter. I have probably nearly died several times out on Sam Rayburn so notice we did not say we headed in to the boat ramp to leave. 


I had purposely launched from Monterey Park so I had a land fall between me and the ramp due to the fact there were thunderstorms predicted. We lay in a sheltered spot while the rain pounded and open lake whitecapped. We flipped out a lure every now and then and Cathy tossed out a slip cork with catfish bait. She caught one. Everyone else grabbed a slip cork and a punch bait and the bite was on. 



In the rain you see in this photo we ended up with 55 catfish all caught about three feet deep. No chum was required. As you can see from the photo of Cathy and Matt we tied right against the bushes. Good thing our boat has a top. After being almost too hot we were a bit chilled and Cathy and Matt pulled out a space blanket for a little warmth and shelter from ongoing rain spatters. 

Some of these cats are swimming in our belly right now. 


I have not checked back the fishing log but I think we are on a banner year for numbers. Usually there is lots of tubing and knee boarding in June and July but with the pregnant women that's cut down on some of that so we will just fish. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger