Saturday, July 25, 2020

July Fishing Report...

With a tropical storm turning to a hurricane we decided we better preempt that action on Thursday afternoon with a fishing trip. High winds were predicted for the weekend, which is not always a deal breaker since wind is an important component of where fish are but of course humans must be able to survive the wind to catch them. 

We found the fish deep at 30 feet and using this old Zebco reel, it's actually a made in USA model, if I turned the reel handle 3 cranks up that's where I got the bites. That old reel makes a heck of a noise bringing in a filleting size cat. I call this rig the grinder. Cathy says it sells wolf tickets with sound leading her to believe my fish seems bigger than it is. Another fishing tip, see that old sweet gum way over there on the bank? I always get a bite if I point my pole directly toward it. 

2001 was the last year Zebco made reels in the USA. This reel is older than that I believe.   

Nice cats, some throw backs. I think someone might be fishing my spot because while it's still producing seems like there is more small fish around. 


Final count for the fishing log is 26. We had the Zamoras out and fried them up last nights with hushpuppies, oven baked cheese potato, green salad and jambalaya. There's enough leftover to keep me busy today.   . 


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger