Monday, July 06, 2020

Monday Morning/Weekend Fishing Report...

Poor old Ezra talks about the boat and fishing all the time. I think he wakes his parents up asking if perchance a fishing trip is on the calendar. Since he has been in St. Patrick's Catholic School summer camp this week I figured he need to blow a little steam off (joking, how could a kid know he has to blow steam off unless he reads this blog) and we took him to the lake. 

Two hours of fishing is a pretty good attention span for someone about to be 3 years old. He has the family fishing gene I think. I recall once on a deep sea fishing trip with Ezra's mother, Mary when she was about 10 years old and jerking red snapper off the bottom in 100 feet of water. The deck hand on the boat asked "little girl, where did you learn to do this?" Her reply, she had been fishing all her life at this point said "I do not know." Ezra will be like this.    

Ezra get his free swim off the boat in deep water wings with the watchful eye of Uncle Matt. 


Final total for the day was 17 cats caught in 3' of water on slip corks and punch bait floated over hydrilla. Many fish had eggs so the spawn is on. This made for a 72 fish total this Fourth of July weekend. 

On thing Ezra does is when he gets the fish about 15 or 20 feet from the boat he starts trying to lift it in. Most of our rods range from 5 and a half to 7 feet long. Not really mathematically possible but hopefully a good Catholic education at summer camp will help with this kind of thing.  


Catfish will swim in our belly as fish tacos tonight. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger