Thursday, October 08, 2020

A Walk in the National Forest...


I have not hunted in several years. I thought I might change that since I'm retired and if you tasted Cathy's fried duck breast you would hunt also and bring ducks you bagged over here to be cooked. Since duck season is not quite open yet I was on the look out for squirrel this morning. Only thing was I only saw one but the woods were still and made for a nice place for a retired guy to sit around this morning. 


Forest floor fungus. Is it good to eat? 


This is a message board by the bridge on the 4 C Hiking Trail. No messages, at least from official sources but judging from a Blue Bell carton, a splattering of what looked like #8 shot and two larger caliber bullet holes which I guess we could title this little art piece "Letter From Texas." 


Stuck on the bridge rail was the price tag from a brand new Mossberg shot gun which I guess someone bought and took straight to the woods. I looked up this shotgun. It shoots 3.5 inch shells and is quite the beast compared to the shotgun that I was carrying which I got for Christmas when I was about 16 or 17 years old and was a good all purpose sporting gun back in those days. So much stuff for hunting and fishing I know nothing about these days. I talked to some hog hunters today and they had radio collars on the hog dogs. The hunter looked at a tracking device and told me he had a dog 2.3 miles over that way.  



Something you see everywhere, masks. 


Tire in a tree. I know some people that explain unusual things in the woods by invoking the name bigfoot. 

 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger