Saturday, October 31, 2020

Catfish Report...

2020 is a hard year to be a blog writer. Everybody else got that election commentary, Covid 19, conspiracy theory and death of music icons news all staked out. I'll choose to die on the hill of catfish blogging. Hopefully that will keep me making the $39,000 this blog pays every month. We all know what the world needs now is one more picture of Cathy with a catfish.    

Cathy's brother Matt came up and fished with us. 


That's a $10 fish at HEB. Cats were about 26' deep on the edges of deeper water. 


Looking off to the 147 bridge about 3 or 4 miles away. 


Lake is almost 4' low so I took some photos of one of our spring spots we call the "horseshoe." There is a long finger of land running out that the taller cypress trees on the left are on. We tie the front of the boat to the cypress in the left center foreground and cast to the cypress on the right. Lots of fish to 10 pounds come of of this hole in March and April till the lily pads start to come. They are probably still around just hard to fish because of the pads which with be gone soon with the cold weather.   


Final count 45 fish. We fried a bunch and had the Zamora boys out. Matt took the rest home. All the catfish we have caught have ended up being eaten this year. I have traded some cats for vegetables and I have entertained the thought could I trade catfish for services. Would you wash my car for 4 pounds of catfish?  


 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger