Saturday, October 17, 2020

Two For the Price of One Fishing Report...

Thursday saw us pay a visit to Rose, Tim, Warren and Coraline in Lake Jackson with a quick trip to Surfside for some beach front fishing. Water was nice and clear but a little wind made it hard to hold a bait in place and there were no signs of mullet jumping which is usually a signal for big fish to be near and a bottom fished shrimp produced no bites. Fall is a good redfishing time and my facebook memories showed me a photo of Morgan with a big red from a couple of years ago.   

Lucky for some people that could care less if the fish were biting that there are other amusements. 


Beach front set up. I have spent a life time assembling a couple of surf rods I like and I have a nice chair so it goes good for me even if they don't bite. Maybe next time I'll try the Boliver pocket or if at this beach closer to San Luis Pass.  


With the norther that rolled in Friday the beach was rougher and the surf turned sandy. There might be some reds out there but certainly not a comfortable zone for fishermen. 


Today I spent a couple of hours on better known waters near home on Sam Rayburn. A solo fishing trip produced 15 cats and I'm giving them as a trade to my hot pepper supplier. 

Fall starting to show in the lakeside colors. I like the brown of the cypress trees. 


 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger